Nuffnang!

Friday, August 18, 2006

How I celebrate my birthday!

Sunday 13 August was my birthday. Few minutes after 12 midnight, my friend Andrew called and wish me Happy Birthday. In the morning, my mum and grandma gave me presents. Then I proceed to Church.

After Church, My Care group member present me a cake and sang birthday song at the church. We didn't cut the cake yet as most of them are fasting or having meeting later. We had our lunch, came back - discussion times with Danny (our Student leader), then only we share the cake among few of us (most people went back already by then). I took the leftover cake (3/4 left) back. In a meantime, a brother returned me the fuel claims for the Port Dickson Student Camp - RM80. So I went to the newly opened "Digital Centre" and did some shopping.

It was 6.30pm as I reached home, lo and behold, 2 cakes waiting at home. Ironically and Co-incidentally, both also Blueberry Cheese. One bought by my dad and the other bought by my sister. All of us in the family (7 of us including our maid) went to "New Paris Restaurant" for celebration dinner. We ordered 7 dishes. Among the dishes are "Garoupa in Thai Sauce, Deep fried squid, Lemon Chicken, Yee Phin Wat taan Tauf00 (Soya Bean curd with fish cake), Birthday yee mee, Prawns (I didn't eat prawns, it's for the rest of the family). The 7th dish did not arrive, so we cancelled it, settle the bill and went back. We didn't bring the cake(s) there, so we went home and cut the cake.

Life goes on after the birthday until Wednesday. My Care group leader organised a trip to KLCC. There were 7 of us there. We took some pictures there, having gift exchange among the members and embarked into an "Amazing Race" style challenge. We run around KLCC during the game. Examples of the game are "Find a tourist, talk to them and present them a gift", collecting plastic bags of certain shops, taking pictures of "Dolphin statue" in KLCC etc... The race ended at Paramount LRT. At the LRT station, the last task is talk to a stranger, get their information. So Kar Leong (one of my group member) dared me to talk to a dark, serious looking man. So I dared myself to talked to him. He was a friendly guy from Johor, just graduated from University Malaya, coincidentally stayed 500metres from my house and worked few hundred metres from my College too. Small world eh?

That's all for now... Sorry for not posting for 9 days, have trouble logging in to Blogger and have not set up my WIFI connection yet, don't know how to set up. So I have to temporally rely on my Laptop with 56k dialup which is painfully slow...

No comments: