Nuffnang!

Friday, July 14, 2006

Hope KL Student Camp...


(Pic: The Group 5 @ Limau Ice @ "Light green group" members with our own "Hats" ready for "Gala night"!)

It's been 11 days since the camp ended, I kept on thinking it just happened yesterday... It is our 1st ever Hope KL combined student camp which held in Methodist Centre, Port Dickson. This is a camp where students (about 160+ of them) from 3 Hope of God centres (Hope KLCC, Hope Serdang and Hope PJ) come together. FYI, I'm from Hope PJ...

It is held from Friday to Sunday (30 June to 2 July). I started my journey at 11.30am from church, where 3 cars depart together. It took us 1 1/2 hours to get there. We lepak for 45 mins before the camp registration started. Our theme is "Come Together". It is centered around a "Cruise Ship" called "Fellow Ship". There's "Cruise Commander and crews".

Upon registered, I found out that we were separated into 12 Groups (12 to 15 people in a group) of various colours. My group is Light Green. We called ourselves "Limau Ice". There were 13 of us in the group (7 of us in the 1st day). The "Ship Commander" get down to business on the 1st day itself, asking us to came out with a "War Cry" hence we went straight to it... The camp was later officiated by our senior pastor, Ps. Simon at night in an open field with clear skies, moon and Stars. Yes stars... Few of us even saw Meteors... At the end, the prayer request part... I went out to pray for the baptism of the "Holy Ghost" and I actually got it, I suddenly became breathless and tired & I began to... (for more on that, pls e-mail or call me... too "sensitive" for some people to mention here...)

Okay, I'm a little bit long winded, here are the highlights... On the 2nd day, It is also one of my most memorable days... Our "Cruise stopped by faith Island". Where workshops were conducted. I attended Danny's workshop on dealing with BGR (Boys - Girls relationship) & how and when to start a biblical relationship. It really opened my eyes after the workshop. Man it's hard to find complementing and... (For internal reference only, cannot disclose. E-mail me on that if you are keen, I might disclose some).

Another memorable thing is our termendous level of achievements in our group, "Limau Ice" led by Evelyn from Hope Serdang. We had devotion, making "hats together" for "Hot and Spicy night" (more on that later) and the icing of the cake, the telematch at the beach where "our Cruise ship" stopped in an Island. We won 2 out of 6 "stations" (given 2 eggs out of 6). Among the highlights of the game were getting wet", sand burying, walking past webbings etc (we were unfairly judged in the latter 2 match...).

After dinner, later in the night it's our "Hot and Spicy" night our "cruise ship gala night" where we turned up with our own hats... Entertained with the programmes, inspiring mission video clips and mission related sharings from our young and handsome pastor, Ps. Willy.

On the 3rd and final day, we woke up at 6.30am... Had "group excercise" before proceeded the best sunday service ever... Sunday service by the beachside... It was very memorable morning indeed singing P&W then, sitting on the soft and sandy beach hearing testimony by Kian Wee and sermons from Ps. Willy etc... After that, we washed up and had Breakfast.

Then we head to the hall where we had our last war cry and the most awaiting moments, the best of the best awards and appreciation awards presentation. Our team didn't win anything but at least we are not the bottom 3 (in our telematch I mean). After that we bid farewell and "departed" from the "Fellow ship" cruise ship and had our "Last lunch" as a group and said goodbye (I was holding back tears then)...

Summary: It was pretty much one of the best camp I've ever attended... All the 6 meals were fantastic... Only the telematch a bit let down. Though we only knew and work together (all except 2 were from Hope KLCC or Serdang) for 3 days as a Group (Limau Ice @ Group 5 @ Light green group), the level of unity and team spirit amazed me... It is as if we knew each other long time ago... I won't forget the quality time spent with them especially the 6 meals we had together as a group and all the teamwork from hat making to telematch... Will keep in touch with them... What I gained from the team were priceless... Looking forward to another Camp next year, heard it is "Entire Malaysia Hopenewgen Student camp". (Note there are 27 Hope of God churches around East and West Malaysia - big (KL, Kuching, JB), small and super small, so I can Imagine thousands of...)

No comments: