Nuffnang!

Monday, July 24, 2006

Motherboard still not fixed, killed by lightning...

It's been 2 weeks already since my Motherboard and ADSL Modem killed by lightning... Well, I have bought a new D-Link ADSL Router WIFI Modem BUT my motherboard is still left hanging in the middle.

You see, I send to HP for quotation, they quoted RM527 for the new motherboard + 100 for labour... I freaked out and took back my PC (By the way, my PC is branded (Compaq Presario), so that's why the following headache occurs... My friend took me to Jayacom Midvalley, bought a New Intel Motherboard for RM210 + 50 labour. It booted alright, but the Windows XP won't co-operate with the Motherboard as the Windows is tied down to the old "Compaq motherboard". Hence, there's only 3 ways to solve that...

1) Take back to HP, Pay RM627, fix back same model motherboard so that the Windows XP and the drivers in "E drive" Partition recognise it... You see Compaq stored all the drivers and Windows XP "CD" in a dedicated 4gb partition... The Boot CD used to access to the "E drive" partition won't work with other motherboards...

2) Buy a new Windows XP License and carry on... And re-download all the drivers.

3) Get a pirated Windows XP CD and get over it... But I won't enjoy IE7 and Security Updates AND there's going to be "tattoo" on the bottom right of the screen.

What should I do? Pls give feedback a.s.a.p...

No comments: