Nuffnang!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

PROUD SELANGORIAN and SMDU'rian (a Dedication)

I, Jeff Lim was Born in Pantai Medical Centre Kuala Lumpur, but had spent 29 years (OR MAJORITY OF HIS LIFE) in Petaling Jaya, Selangor.  Remaining 4 years, I spent in Hong Kong.  Hence regard myself as a Selangorian though my IC stated I am a Wilayan Ie. "14".  I had this nostlagic memory during perhimpunan singing these 2 Anthems and are Proud of it.

State: Selangor Darul Ehsan





National Anthem:

Duli Yang Maha Mulia

Selamat di atas takhta

Allah lanjutkan usia Tuanku

Rakyat mohon restu

Bawah Duli Tuanku

Bahagia selama-lamanya

Aman dan sentosa

Duli Yang Maha Mulia


  SMKDU - Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Damansara Utama (formally known as SMDU)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sekolah_Menengah_Damansara_Utama WEBSITE: http://www.smkdu.edu.my
LOGO:
 


SMKDU Anthem:

 Berfikir Asas Kebijaksanaan, by Grace Yeong, Ng Sook Wah and Cynthia Lim



Di sini kami ditunjuk ajar penuh keyakinan

Belajar berusaha bersama-sama ke arah kejayaan

SMKDU sekolah kami, sekolah kami cintai

Majulah bersama, penuh semangat

Bersatu teguh, bercerai roboh

Jadikan teladan

Marilah kita bersatu padu

berfikir asas kebijaksanaan.



Literal translation:



Here we are taught with confidence

Learning to work together towards success

SMKDU is our school the school that we love

Let's move forward together in high spirits

Together we stand divided we fall

To be an example

Let's unite

To think is the basis of wisdom

NOTE:

I, Jeff Lim's supposed to be SMDU (SMKDU Now) CLASS OF 1996.  But in 1995 (middle of form 4, whole family moved to Hong Kong.  Studied in Island School, Hong Kong (the Most Prestigeous International school in Hong Kong Island located in Mid-levels) from 1995 to 1999 (year 10, GCSE, A-levels).

SMDU (SMKDU) is where I spent 3 years being bullied (thank GOD only mentally and verbally and not physically), pushed around, and spoiled by crappy Substitute teachers from form 1 to form 2 (explained why I failed my Science in GCSE O' level as my foundation's POOR.  The Subs teacher failed to ignite my Passion in Science). 

Adding salt to my wound, Science in Hong Kong is taught from Primary 1 but in Malaysia only OFFICIALLY started in Form 1 (No, Alam dan Manusia don't really count), hence the HUGE GAP (left behind).  GOT DOUBLE AWARD "E/E" for my GCSE O-level.  Sad eh?

Anyway, despite the Verbal and mental bullying by my Classmates especially (HALL OF SHAME) Chen Chi Seong (form 2), Adrain Khoo Kien Beng (form 1, 3 and 4), Koh Han Voon (form 1), Rayvin Chan Wei King (form 1), Akhbar Bahari (form 1), Mohd Fitri (form 2), Chow Jing Wai (form 4), Mark Terence Wee Chin Heng (form 4) and lastly Jayme Mark Sidhu (form 4), this is a School that was awarded "SEKOLAH KLUSTER KECERMELANGAN TERBAIK 2009" (Most Outstanding Cluster School 2009) .

I actually want to thank the above mentioned BULLIES.  They MOULD me and CHANGED MY LIFE by making me more mature.  I was mentally prepared to face ISLAND SCHOOL Challenge.  WAS NEVER BULLIED in my Next School (ISLAND SCHOOL) and subsequently, my College and Uni years.   Hence, I was proud to be a "DUrians" alumni.  Though I dropped out of University after 5 years of trying (2002 to 2007).

That's all folks, thanks for the time and patience to read this blog entry.

1 comment:

Pochemuchka said...

Thanks for the post. :-)